UPDATE SEPTEMBER 24, 2019. Unfortunately Halcyon closed down. But alas, there are still amazing eats all around San Diego.
Halcyon East Village in San Diego is a foodie treasure that has yet to be discovered by most downtowners. With a decently priced menu, this eatery categorizes itself as a coffee, bar and lounge. It’s in the heart of East Village with views of the Coronado Bridge (for now, until more highrises pop up.)
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good hipster meal at The Mission, but waiting in line for over an hour for food when you are hangry doesn’t make my Saturday morning pleasant. Plus, Halcyon has an amazing outdoor patio with seating galore.
A few menu items include:
• Waffles – your choice: fresh fruit and whipped cream, nutella and carmelized banana $8
• Avocado Smooshed Toast – avocado smear on house-made 7 bread topped with chili flakes, onion and tomato $7
• Caprese – heirloom tomato, freshly pulled mozzarella, basil, house-made pesto on Stella’s country oven bread $12
• The Halcyon – spring mix, cranberries, candied walnuts, gorgonzola with a balsamic vinaigrette $10
• The St. Ginger – house made ginger beer, cilantro, green mark Russian vodka $10
Five stars to this well designed eatery. It’s definitely on my list to return for many a weekends to come.